Author Topic: Whatís my truck worth?  (Read 321 times)

Offline boddah

• Colorado Driver
  • Canada355.ca Recruit
  • LIFTED MEMBER XIII
  • Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2014. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Achieve 1000 posts. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2013. For winning an award at SECSM 2013. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Winning Truck of the Year Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Winning Truck of The Month. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2012. For organizing/hosting a Meet/Event for Canada355.ca.
    • Awards
Whatís my truck worth?
« on: December 08, 2017, 10:50:25 AM »
Just wondering what you guys think sheís worth? 2006 z71 4x4 175000km and you all know basically the work and mods involved. Priced as she sits

Offline Clutch

• Canada355.ca Veteran
  • 2014 TOTY
  • Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Achieve 2500 posts. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 5 times For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2016 For winning an award at WCSM 2016 For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2015. Winning Truck of The Month for the Third Time. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 4 times For winning an award at WCSM 2015 Winning Truck of the Year Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2014. Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. For purchasing a Canada355.ca Contributing Exclusive Membership. Achieve 1000 posts. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2013. For winning an award at WCSM 2013. Winning Truck of The Month. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Has had their 355 in a magazine, on a retailer's website, or promoted Canada355. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck.
    • Awards
Re: Whatís my truck worth?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:58:34 AM »
List it for 10k, take $7k if the offer comes up.
2006 GMC Canyon | 3.5L I5 | 5 Speed | 4X4 | Earthrocker | 2012 Chevrolet Colorado | 5.3L V8 | 4X4 | Yeti

Offline classic69

• Canada355.ca Elite
  • 2015 Truck of the Year! :)
  • Achieve 5000 posts. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. For those that have wrecked their 355 and rebuilt it or purchased an 355. Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 4 times For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2016 For winning an award at WCSM 2016 For becoming a Canada355.ca Moderator. For organizing/hosting a Canada355.ca Super Meet. Winning Truck of the Year Winning Truck of The Month for the Third Time. Awarded for having 200,000+ kilometers on their truck. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2015. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Finished in 1st place at the end of the Picture Challenge Game. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain How-To's & Donations. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2014. For winning an award at WCSM 2014. Finished in 2nd place at the end of the Picture Challenge Game. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. Achieve 2500 posts. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. For purchasing a Canada355.ca Contributing Exclusive Membership. For organizing/hosting a Meet/Event for Canada355.ca. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2013. Achieve 1000 posts. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. Has had their 355 in a magazine, on a retailer's website, or promoted Canada355. Winning Truck of The Month. Has/Had public service job; Police, Firefighters (volunteer), EMT, TSA, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »
You have done a lot of modifications to it, but the mileage is getting up there, along with the age of your truck.  It depends how quickly you want to sell it?  If you can afford to wait until the right offer comes along and you aren't in any hurry to sell it, maybe try doing what Clutch said, but if you need to sell it quickly I would say it's worth $7000 (bare minimum) but you should be able to get at least $8500 for your truck as it sits right now.  Are there any mechanical problems?  Is the overall body in decent shape?

Just for reference, after my accident last year, the appraiser told me that my old truck (bone stock) was worth $10K excluding all of the modifications, being that it was a fully loaded crew cab Z71 with barely any rust on it and right around 200,000 kms on the odometer, but keep in mind that's market value through insurance. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:24:49 PM by classic69 »
View my new truck build log here --> Classic69's 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71

View my old truck build log here --> Classic69's 2008 "GFX" Chevy Colorado Z71

View my corvette build log here --> 1972 Corvette Stingray LT1

View my bike build log here --> 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Offline boddah

• Colorado Driver
  • Canada355.ca Recruit
  • LIFTED MEMBER XIII
  • Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2014. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Achieve 1000 posts. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2013. For winning an award at SECSM 2013. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Winning Truck of the Year Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Winning Truck of The Month. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2012. For organizing/hosting a Meet/Event for Canada355.ca.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 04:23:49 PM »
Thanks guys. Iím not planning to sell but I had a guy leave his card and offering to buy it. If the price is right Iíll let her go. Just wanted some value in my head before I call him. Truck is loaded also and in great shape other than the bush love on the paint haha
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:26:35 PM by boddah »

Offline HEYElliott

• Ontario Member(s)
  • Never give up, never surrender
  • Winning Truck of The Month for the Third Time. How-To's & Donations. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Winning Truck of The Month. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2014. or winning an award at SECSM 2014.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 07:46:39 PM »
Ive been quoted 15k trade-in thats for 2011 z71 about 100k. what would you be looking into if you sold the truck?\

Offline zomby woof

• Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 05:35:58 PM »
The only way you're getting $15k on a trade in is if you're buying a vehicle that they're really trying to get rid of, or expensive enough that the trade in value is built into the price.

Example: I bought a Cavalier for my mother in law once and trader her 10yr old Cav in. It was worth all of about $750. They gave me $6k for it. It didn't matter to them whether the $6k came off in discount or trade, but it made a big difference to us.

I paid $16k for my 11 new.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:50:07 PM by zomby woof »

Offline boddah

• Colorado Driver
  • Canada355.ca Recruit
  • LIFTED MEMBER XIII
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 05:52:44 PM »
If itís worth 10k then I want 13k! I would get a new coly diesel or new Tacoma. This probably wonít happen anyway....

Offline HEYElliott

• Ontario Member(s)
  • Never give up, never surrender
  • Winning Truck of The Month for the Third Time. How-To's & Donations. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Winning Truck of The Month. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2014. or winning an award at SECSM 2014.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 10:41:32 AM »
The only way you're getting $15k on a trade in is if you're buying a vehicle that they're really trying to get rid of, or expensive enough that the trade in value is built into the price.

Example: I bought a Cavalier for my mother in law once and trader her 10yr old Cav in. It was worth all of about $750. They gave me $6k for it. It didn't matter to them whether the $6k came off in discount or trade, but it made a big difference to us.

I paid $16k for my 11 new.

When did you buy your 11? I paid 30k for mine lol

Offline zomby woof

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 11:48:44 AM »
August 2011.

I didn't even need a truck, my 06 was still fine (with almost 300k) but I was at work,  saw the ad in the paper and said if this is true I'm buying a truck on the way home tonight.
Got home from work and said to my wife, guess what I just bought...

Hoping to find the same kind of deal on a new one in the next few years. It's all about timing.

Offline MountainMan

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 04:46:19 PM »
Now is a great time to shop around for a truck. Dealerships are desperate for sales around xmas. Especially at the end of the momth.
2007 Colorado Z71 4x4 ext cab 3.7L 254,500 kms and always carry a hockey stick.

Offline mgbro

• Alberta Member(s)
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 07:56:28 PM »
A bit of what's happening right now is buyers from the states are buying our vehicles for the exchange rate profit, as well as wise Canadians are trying too.  My boss and his friend just sold their trucks to people flipping them down to the states in the last week.  My Pops has done it as well in the last 2 years, plus buying one from Texas last time the exchange rate was good (and their market sucked at the time).

On that It wouldn't hurt to try for the extra 3k, who knows if they take it...

Offline zomby woof

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 08:39:52 AM »
Now is a great time to shop around for a truck. Dealerships are desperate for sales around xmas. Especially at the end of the momth.

I just bought a car for my wife and that wasn't my experience. I ended up buying used because nobody was that interested in negotiating.

Offline MountainMan

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 12:04:57 PM »
Every chevy dealer around here is still in single digit vehicle sales for this month. December and January are the worst months to be a commision salesman. Might be different in your neck of the woods. I was offered 8k for my truck on a trade in when I paid 4200 for it. Just not liking the new bigger body style. Maybe the oil industry being slow is affecting sales here. New car sales are the most motivated at the end of the month to meet sales targets.
2007 Colorado Z71 4x4 ext cab 3.7L 254,500 kms and always carry a hockey stick.