Author Topic: What did you do to your 355 today??  (Read 227855 times)

Offline charlie v

• Awards
What did you do to your 355 today??
« on: October 28, 2013, 08:28:38 PM »
Adjusted the headlights because they were a little high.  Easy 2 minute job.  Did 1 full turn lower - will see how that is for on coming traffic.  I installed those 1 up aftermarket bulbs - silverstar I believe.  I know, these aren't the HID or LED lights of a real "upgrade".  However, they work for me.   :idk:

Did a battery cover delete.  Hey, need to reduce weight where I can.   ;)  I'll take the risk of the battery fumes blowing up.

Also decided to pop the grill off to paint the AC, rad support, etc. black so it blends in better behind the grill.  Of course, broke a couple of the top retainer clips.  They are somewhat chicken shit little things aren't they.  Another trip to Lordco I guess.  Looks better - hides the crap behind the grill.  I will snap a better picture in the light with the grill on.

Here is a horrible cell picture - low light at dusk.
I started life with nothing - have most of that left.
2006 Colorado Z71 Crew - Z71 2wd 3.5 with K&N CAI, trans cooler, 18x9 MB Chaos w/ Kumho Ecsta STX, more in the queue.....

Offline NVR2LOW

• Canada355.ca Veteran
  • NVR2LOW & THE 2 LOW CREW (WIFE, SON & DAUGHTER)
  • Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times For purchasing a Canada355.ca Contributing Exclusive Membership. Finished in 3rd place at the end of the Picture Challenge Game. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Achieve 1000 posts. Winning Truck of The Month. For purchasing a Canada355.ca Premium (One Year) membership. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. For becoming a Canada355.ca Administrator. Has had their 355 in a magazine, on a retailer's website, or promoted Canada355.
    • Awards
Re: What did you do to your 355 today??
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 08:31:37 PM »
I did nothing, did not even look at it.

Looks like your on a break now...get back to work. Btw looks good.

Canada355.ca Admin, Moderator & East Coast Manager
2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT ZQ8, 2" Belltech Drop Ball Joints & 2" Blocks, Checkmate FX Flush Mount Bed Cover, Bedrug

Offline bass_junky

• Canada355.ca Recruit
  • Achieve 1000 posts. For purchasing a Canada355.ca Premium (One Year) membership.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:37:01 PM »
Well I di my tail lights on the weekend And installed the heat shield on the inside of the hood, But I did not do anything today.

Offline Liam

• Canada355.ca Elite
  • Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Achieve 5000 posts. Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. For becoming a Canada355.ca Moderator. Achieve 2500 posts. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Achieve 1000 posts. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. How-To's & Donations.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 08:38:03 PM »
I changed a few lights that were dead. Found out I have to change the plug on one of my fog lights

Offline boddah

• Colorado Driver
  • Canada355.ca Recruit
  • LIFTED MEMBER XIII
  • Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2014. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Achieve 1000 posts. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2013. For winning an award at SECSM 2013. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Winning Truck of the Year Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Winning Truck of The Month. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2012. For organizing/hosting a Meet/Event for Canada355.ca.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 08:41:38 PM »
Checked the air in the tires :laugh:

Offline Liam

• Canada355.ca Elite
  • Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Achieve 5000 posts. Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. For becoming a Canada355.ca Moderator. Achieve 2500 posts. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Achieve 1000 posts. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. How-To's & Donations.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 08:46:22 PM »
Lol

Offline bman11

• Canada355.ca Recruit
  • Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Achieve 1000 posts. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Awarded for having 200,000+ kilometers on their truck. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. How-To's & Donations. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »
I made sure all the bolts were tight from work i did yesterday (hub, shocks, steering shaft, torsion bars).  All was good

Offline sparkysz71

• Canada355.ca Elite
  • 2016 Truck of the Year
  • Achieve 5000 posts. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 5 times For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2016 For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2015. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 4 times For winning an award at WCSM 2015 Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times Finished in 3rd place at the end of the Picture Challenge Game. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2014. For winning an award at WCSM 2014. Achieve 2500 posts. Winning Truck of The Month for the Third Time. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2013. For winning an award at WCSM 2013. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. For purchasing a Canada355.ca Premium (One Year) membership. Achieve 1000 posts. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Has had their 355 in a magazine, on a retailer's website, or promoted Canada355. Winning Truck of The Month.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »
Put my 33s on -grin- no pics yet, it's dark and my cellphone sucks balls. I also washed the truck haha
5X TOTM Winner and 2016's TOTY -Thanks!!!-
WCSM V's Best of Show & Best Work in Progress
WCSM VI's Best Work in Progress
WCSM VII's Best of Show
WCSM IXs Best of Show

2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 5.3L v8 crew cab

Lifted 8" on 35s, tall and loud. Too much to list

Offline Racer X

• Canada355.ca Veteran
  • Technical Staff Member - "Mostly GM Still"
  • Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2014. For winning an award at WCSM 2014. For purchasing a Canada355.ca Contributing Exclusive Membership. For becoming a Canada355.ca Administrator. Achieve 2500 posts. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2013. Winning Truck of The Month. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Achieve 1000 posts. For those that have wrecked their 355 and rebuilt it or purchased an 355. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain How-To's & Donations. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2009 For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2010. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2011. For becoming a Canada355.ca Moderator. Becoming a Canada355.ca Technical Staff Member.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 09:51:14 PM »
Fired mine up and let the nieghbors hear my magnaflow.Then I turned on the sterio. LOL! Needs some wrench time in before the snow hits and then its play time after work
Instagram: DMS_Kustoms
"Big" Ugly(Mostly GM) <-----SOLD :(
Lifted Club member #9
355nation forum post whore

A little of this and alot of this...

Offline ShortyInCanada

• Not sufferring insanity. Enjoying every minute.
  • Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. For purchasing a Canada355.ca Premium (One Year) membership. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. How-To's & Donations.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 02:20:48 AM »
Vaccuumed the interior and washed the exterior for the first time in a couple of weeks. It was a short work day and a dirty truck makes a bad first impression on customers.
Installed interior overhead console, lined ceiling for temperature control, switchplate in front bolster, sprayed on rock chip guard, custom fab & install trailer electrical connectors, custom fab & mount behind the grill lights, blacked out chrome on front end, change to a blue bow-tie, blue accents in door panels, custom racks for work mounts, removed some of the superfluous plastic pieces from the exterior, the little blue bow-ties on the wheel covers and spray coated the bed/box with rock guard.

Offline charlie v

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 04:37:21 PM »
Picture with grill on.  Looks better without seeing the stuff behind it.  Need to paint the bowtie I think - not sure what colour??

2006 Colorado Z71 Crew - Z71 2wd 3.5 with K&N CAI, trans cooler, 18x9 MB Chaos w/ Kumho Ecsta STX, more in the queue.....

Offline charlie v

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 04:59:04 PM »
Tried to post this reply but overloaded with pics the last time.

Being retired has its advantages - got to play with the Colorado again today.  Although, I am still trying to get comfortable with retirement.  If my back was better I would be doing my home handyman thing.  Can't stand it if I'm not busy doing something.

So - back to this fun truck stuff.  Had to check the rear brakes.  They were +- 30% last Spring.  Same still after some 15,000 kms.  Good til next year I say.

While the wheels were off, needed to paint the rear drums so they look better behind the wheels.  Wanted to keep the paint off the wheel studs so they torque properly.  Got into one of those "while you are there" moments and gave the frame rails and rear leafs a quick spray.  The rusty bits looked like hell - better now.

Then it was on to the rear taillights.  They both have moisture in them.  Needed to find the leak.  Once off I covered 2 of the socket holes with my fingers and then wrapped my lips around the 3rd - no comments please.  With a little pressure I could immediately feel the leaks along the outside seam of the assembly.  Thanks to Steve for the suggestion - a little masking tape and filled the seam gap with clear silicon.  I'll let this dry overnight and pop them back in tomorrow morning.  I also cleaned the lamp socket gaskets and put a film of dielectric grease on the gaskets for a better seal.  Used an old toothbrush to make a clean job.

That was about it for today - back is a little sore now.  But, had fun......Yahoo!!!

Offline ststefan

• Canada355.ca Recruit
  • Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Achieve 1000 posts. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2013. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain For organizing/hosting a Meet/Event for Canada355.ca. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2012. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. How-To's & Donations.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 09:31:38 PM »
Picture with grill on.  Looks better without seeing the stuff behind it.  Need to paint the bowtie I think - not sure what colour?? 

Most people will probably say black. I say pick an accent color for your truck and use it on more than just the bow tie. PS I've always liked silver with red trim.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:33:43 PM by ststefan »

Offline rkj__

• Canada355.ca Veteran
  • Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 5 times Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 4 times Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times For organizing/hosting a Meet/Event for Canada355.ca. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2014. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Achieve 2500 posts. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2013. Winning Truck of The Month. How-To's & Donations. Achieve 1000 posts. Finished in 1st place at the end of the Picture Challenge Game. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2012. For winning an award at SECSM 2012.
    • Awards
What did you do to your 355 today??
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 10:00:10 PM »
Got into one of those "while you are there" moments and gave the frame rails and rear leafs a quick spray.  The rusty bits looked like hell - better now.

I did the same thing last time I set out to wax my truck, ended up throwing some paint on my frame, even though my 2008 was not looking too horrible.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:45:03 PM by rkj__ »
2008 GMC Canyon, 3.7 I5, Off Road 4x4, Inferno Orange
Skyjacker Lift, CST Shackle, Skyjacker Hydro Shocks

Offline charlie v

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 10:23:03 PM »

Most people will probably say black. I say pick an accent color for your truck and use it on more than just the bow tie. PS I've always liked silver with red trim.

Red??  I have some in the shop.  What the hell - I might try that and see what it looks like.  Can always repaint another colour.  LOL.  What else should I paint red???  Hmmmmm, my wheel centre caps have this ugly MB logo on them.  Steve, you have me on a roll here.