Author Topic: Can you spot the difference  (Read 156 times)

Offline JimCannon06

• Awards
Can you spot the difference
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:42:33 PM »
Well I think the exterior mods are pretty much done for the Canyon. I'm wanting to level it and nice rims and tires and I think I'm gonna enjoy it and drive it a while lemme know what you think of the latest mod.

Offline MountainMan

• Awards
Re: Can you spot the difference
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:53:40 PM »
Stripes looks good. i like the mounting point for the light cubes. Ever have any problems so close to the tow hooks? :thumbsup:
2007 Colorado Z71 4x4 ext cab 3.7L 254,500 kms and always carry a hockey stick.

Offline JimCannon06

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 11:50:11 PM »
Truck was towed behind a motor home for most of its life. There's no tow hooks there rather two giant holes where the assembly was bolted to the frame. So it was kind of a decision of circumstances where they went. I haven't had any issues with the placement they rattle a bit but that because of my shoddy brackets. I can get closer pictures tomorrow in the light of the mount and placement if you would like.

Offline MountainMan

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 12:23:44 AM »
im interested in the mounting. i have the tow hooks but no front licence plate. Any plastic discolouration from the leds or housing? how does the modified lower front bumper plastic hold up, especially at highway speed?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:28:22 AM by MountainMan »
2007 Colorado Z71 4x4 ext cab 3.7L 254,500 kms and always carry a hockey stick.

Offline JimCannon06

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 01:23:23 AM »
I will take some pics tomorrow after work there's no noticeable discolouration and far as I can tell the bumper plastic doesn't actually have to be cut in order to fit them. If it does at least it's not to the extent that mine was cut for the tow bar. Where they are mounted actually there is a steel plate above that we drilled into to mount them so nothing is actually mounted solely to the plastic itselt. This was to reduce any vibration or rattling through the light itself. I have had the truck since about this past mid winter and the bumper was cut that way since I got the truck and I haven't noticed any issues whatsoever.