Author Topic: HVAC Module Temp Door  (Read 226 times)

Offline timler

• Awards
HVAC Module Temp Door
« on: February 03, 2017, 12:51:27 AM »
GM Program #:
Date Issued:
14-Sep-2016
Program Title:

HVAC Module Temp Door

Program Description:

Certain 2015-2016 model year Chevrolet Colorado and 2015-2016 model year GMC Canyon vehicles, may have a condition in which a crack in the heating and cooling module temperature door control shaft may form and result in inconsistent air discharge temperature control. If the shaft cracks, the air discharge temperature may be up to 33 degrees Fahrenheit (20 degrees Celsius) cooler than the requested values, depending on the HVAC mode selected.

Safety Risk Description:

The air discharge temperature may be up to 33 degrees Fahrenheit (20 degrees Celsius) cooler than the requested values, depending on the HVAC mode selected.

Repair Description:

Inspect the temperature valve control shaft for cracks. If the shaft is intact, install a reinforcing clamp around the temperature valve shaft to prevent the shaft from cracking. If more than one crack is present, replace the temperature control valve.

Customer Action:

Contact your dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for this repair. By scheduling an appointment, your dealer can ensure that the necessary parts will be available on your scheduled appointment date.

I haven't had this recall done yet, but I should get in and have it seen to.  Not sure if my truck is affected, but I got the notice.
Bought a 2016 Colorado Z71 and love it!  Mods so far are full frontal 3M, bakflip HD tonneau cover, black bowties (front and rear), cargo box LED lights, GM floor liners front and rear, stainless steel door sill plates, cargo box tie down rings and wheel locks, Weathertech side window deflectors installed, Rough Country leveling kit.
 More to come, I'm sure.  ;)

Offline ststefan

• Canada355.ca Recruit
  • Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Achieve 1000 posts. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2013. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain For organizing/hosting a Meet/Event for Canada355.ca. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2012. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. How-To's & Donations.
    • Awards
Re: HVAC Module Temp Door
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 09:24:51 AM »
I took my 2016 in for it's second oil change and they automatically mentioned the recall and fixed it without me mentioning a thing.

Offline Liam

• Canada355.ca Elite
  • Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Achieve 5000 posts. Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. For becoming a Canada355.ca Moderator. Achieve 2500 posts. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Achieve 1000 posts. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. How-To's & Donations.
    • Awards
Re: HVAC Module Temp Door
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 09:42:51 AM »
They send recalls out to everyone with those years of truck. Doesn't matter if it affects your truck or not. It is a good idea to take it in and get it looked at.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk