Author Topic: Xenon Depot Xtreme LED Headlight Bulbs  (Read 607 times)

Offline AJ1794

• Canada355.ca Recruit
  • "Racetruck"
  • Has had their 355 in a magazine, on a retailer's website, or promoted Canada355. Becoming a Canada355.ca Technical Staff Member. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2016 For winning an award at WCSM 2016 For those that have wrecked their 355 and rebuilt it or purchased an 355. Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Achieve 1000 posts. Winning Truck of The Month for the Third Time. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2015. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times For winning an award at WCSM 2015 Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. For becoming a Canada355.ca Moderator. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2014. For winning an award at WCSM 2014. Awarded for having 200,000+ kilometers on their truck. Winning Truck of The Month. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Winner of the Annual Cleanest Truck Competition For purchasing a Canada355.ca Contributing Exclusive Membership. How-To's & Donations. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2013.
    • Awards
Xenon Depot Xtreme LED Headlight Bulbs
« on: December 04, 2016, 10:58:50 PM »
My dad recently bought a 2016 Colorado LT, first thing he asked me to find were some LED headlight bulbs. After doing a bit of research I came across these.

THE PRODUCT

Xenon Depot is a company based out of Windsor, Ontario. Being a Canadian company, I felt better purchasing through them than from someone out of the US. For some reason they still deal in US currency, I don't know why but I digress.

Both sets costed $290 CAD on sale with free shipping on Black Friday, they have an MSRP of $169.99 USD per set but typically seem to go for $129.99 per set "sale price". It can be further discounted if you get them during other sales as well (as in Boxing Day etc.).

You can find the bulbs HERE

PACKAGING

Upon opening, they are packaged very well, lots of foam to protect the bulbs from shipping.

THE KIT

Here is what one side of the kit consists of; LED bulb, LED driver and wiring harness:

THE BULB

The bulbs themselves are exceptionally constructed. The entire base and bulb structure is aluminum (no cheap plastic like some others I've seen) which goes to show the top notch quality of this product. Just holding on to them, they have some decent weight to them. These don't use a fan and traditional heat sink, but instead it's anodized copper braided strips. It seems to be a new development with high powered LED headlight bulbs and look forward to see how they perform.

THE LED CHIPS

The LED chips are Philips Luxeon Lumileds, 4 per side and 8 total per bulb. They are 5700K color temperature, perfect for maximum light output and color. They are rated at 4000 lumens per pair.

THE LED DRIVER

The LED driver is encased in aluminum and also is exceptionally constructed. Feels very solid and beefy. The connection to the LED driver is a simple 4 pin connector with a screw on locking collar and o ring to keep moisture out.

ALL SPECIFICATIONS

Being only 25 watts, they only draw around 2 amps of current each compared to 55 watts and just over 4 amps for the halogens.

On top of these being a great quality product, they come with a fantastic 2 year warranty.

CONCLUSION

In conclusion, I'd have to say these are one of if not the best LED headlight bulbs out there. Since they are Canadian I'd much rather invest my money in Canadian companies. Being that they are more compact in size than the active cooling counterparts, I find these to be more favourable. The light output is awesome and the beam pattern is much better than stock in the projectors and no scatter like from HID's in the reflectors. The color is crisp and clean, making it more aesthetically appealing.

Although they are kink of pricey at $290 CAD for both sets (on sale), I'd have no problem purchasing these in the future if I decide to go LED instead of HID.

LIGHT OUTPUT AND BEAM PATTERN

LOW BEAM

HIGH BEAM+LOW BEAM

FRONT VIEW

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:40:54 PM by AJ1794 »

'04 Colorado ZQ8 - 3.5L I5 5-speed | QA1 Suspension | Volant CAI | Borla XR1 | Hyper Silver Xtremes | Want to see more? Check it out >HERE< | IG: aj_1794 |
4 Time ToTM Winner | 4 Time WCSM Award Winner

'09 Colorado Z71 - 5.3L V8 | Volant CAI | Borla Pro-XS | PTB

Offline ststefan

• Canada355.ca Recruit
  • Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. Achieve 1000 posts. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2013. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain For organizing/hosting a Meet/Event for Canada355.ca. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2012. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. How-To's & Donations.
    • Awards
Re: Xenon Depot Xtreme LED Headlight Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:30:15 AM »
Did you notice the box says designed in Canada and not made in Canada?

Offline AJ1794

• Canada355.ca Recruit
  • "Racetruck"
  • Has had their 355 in a magazine, on a retailer's website, or promoted Canada355. Becoming a Canada355.ca Technical Staff Member. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2016 For winning an award at WCSM 2016 For those that have wrecked their 355 and rebuilt it or purchased an 355. Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Achieve 1000 posts. Winning Truck of The Month for the Third Time. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2015. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times For winning an award at WCSM 2015 Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. For becoming a Canada355.ca Moderator. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2014. For winning an award at WCSM 2014. Awarded for having 200,000+ kilometers on their truck. Winning Truck of The Month. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Winner of the Annual Cleanest Truck Competition For purchasing a Canada355.ca Contributing Exclusive Membership. How-To's & Donations. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2013.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:27:19 PM »
Yes, I am aware of that.

'04 Colorado ZQ8 - 3.5L I5 5-speed | QA1 Suspension | Volant CAI | Borla XR1 | Hyper Silver Xtremes | Want to see more? Check it out >HERE< | IG: aj_1794 |

Offline Padman

• Ontario Member(s)
  • Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 09:38:17 PM »
They may be good but from what I've seen they seem to be fairly pricey.  Especially when checking out the other bulbs and since they're in American dollars that adds almost 40% in exchange.
2016 Colorado LT 4X4 | Crew Cab | Long Box | Red Rock Metallic | Convenience Package

Offline AJ1794

• Canada355.ca Recruit
  • "Racetruck"
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 09:49:32 PM »
They may be good but from what I've seen they seem to be fairly pricey.  Especially when checking out the other bulbs and since they're in American dollars that adds almost 40% in exchange.

I've always been an advocate for "you get what you pay for". LED is still a fairly new technology so with the more expensive kits you're paying for the R&D that went into them plus the materials and manufacturing, whereas the cheaper kits are usually less developed and just thrown together IMO.