Author Topic: Mallett Supercharger  (Read 397 times)

Offline Distinct04ZQ8

• Colorado Driver
  • Canada355.ca Recruit
  • BODYBAGD 355
  • Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Achieve 1000 posts. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2011. For winning an award at SECSM 2011. Winning Truck of The Month. For becoming a Canada355.ca Administrator. How-To's & Donations. Becoming a Canada355.ca President. For organizing/hosting a Meet/Event for Canada355.ca.
    • Awards
Mallett Supercharger
« on: February 05, 2016, 10:45:19 AM »
The Mallett Supercharger Kit transforms your 2015+ Colorado or Canyon into the perfect mid-sized truck!  :rockon

The bolt-on kit adds 100HP, 100 lb/ft, and an extra 4.3 MPG, giving your truck the extra oomph it needs with a bonus of improved fuel efficiency, without voiding your manufacturer's warranty. Originally debuted at the 2015 SEMA show, the kits are ready and available for purchase right now!

I added my dyno sheet and the less than stock blue line is RIPP's ... I have (2) of their customers wanting to trade their kits in for ours, that is for higher RPM use and gives you less than stock power when you are using the truck in the lower RPM range where your truck is running 90% of the time!

• Proven Magnuson 1.9L TVS Supercharger System
• Race Proven, High Efficiency C&R Intercooler and Heat Exchanger
• CNC Machined Manifold and Pulley Assemblies
• Genuine GM Tensioner and Steel Idlers
• Fleet Quality 8-Rib Gates Supercharger Belt
• High Strength, Corrosion Resistant Fasteners
• CARB EO Number Received
• Optional 2-Gallon Custom Aluminum High Volume Water Reservoir
• Optional Mallett Performance Cars Installation
• Optional Leveling Kit
• Optional Lowering Kit
• Optional Mallett Exhaust System
• Optional Mallett Custom Rims

http://www.mallettcars.com/now-available-complete-supercharger-system-for-2015-coloradocanyon-v6/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:56:27 PM by classic69 »
2004 ZQ8 Crew Cab 3.5L I5 (work in progress)
Follow the build on Instagram #projectbodybagd

Offline classic69

• Canada355.ca Elite
  • 2015 Truck of the Year! :)
  • Achieve 5000 posts. Awarded for having been apart of the site for 5+ years, and still active. For those that have wrecked their 355 and rebuilt it or purchased an 355. Has owned 2 or more 355 or has owned theirs for 6+ years. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 4 times For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2016 For winning an award at WCSM 2016 For becoming a Canada355.ca Moderator. For organizing/hosting a Canada355.ca Super Meet. Winning Truck of the Year Winning Truck of The Month for the Third Time. Awarded for having 200,000+ kilometers on their truck. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2015. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Finished in 1st place at the end of the Picture Challenge Game. Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain How-To's & Donations. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2014. For winning an award at WCSM 2014. Finished in 2nd place at the end of the Picture Challenge Game. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. Achieve 2500 posts. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. For purchasing a Canada355.ca Contributing Exclusive Membership. For organizing/hosting a Meet/Event for Canada355.ca. For participation and being in attendance for WCSM 2013. Achieve 1000 posts. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. Has had their 355 in a magazine, on a retailer's website, or promoted Canada355. Winning Truck of The Month. Has/Had public service job; Police, Firefighters (volunteer), EMT, TSA, etc.
    • Awards
Re: Mallett Supercharger
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »
OK a little follow-up ... we were just looking at this in the shop and thought some people would be interested. This is our kit (green) vs a centrifugal blower (blue) vs stock (red) but we drew the centrifugal data by hand to illustrate the differences. Again, I don’t want to get too technical here, just illustrating some points!

First let’s look at the stock curves for reference. You know how your stock truck feels, how it shifts, etc. and you probably drive around all day between 1200 and 3500rpm. Maybe sometimes you confuse the transmission and it struggles to find the gear you want. Keep your driving in mind as we look at the other curves.

Now let’s look at our curve (green). The torque curve jumps from zero to 275 lb/ft between 2000 and 2250rpm. That’s how long it took the throttle blade to go from zero to 100% after the operator stabbed the pedal. From there, the torque curve is pretty flat. We hit 300 lb/ft at 2700rpm. 310 lb/ft at 4000rpm. Maxed out at 5000rpm. The point is that our blower makes a lot more torque than stock at all times. It really helps the transmission as well, since you’ve got enough torque to GO even if it’s in a taller gear than you’d like. It has the torque, so it doesn’t have to shift and rev to get there.

By contrast, the centrifugal curve (blue) doesn’t make torque down low. 3000 to 3500rpm is pretty flat. It looks like the operator is rolling into the pedal. Looks like the throttle blade hits 100% at 3500rpm. Torque then climbs linearly from 3500 to 4000rpm. That’s the centrifugal lag we talked about before. Compare to the stock curve. It’s making less torque than stock. 300 lb/ft of torque doesn’t come until well past 4000, almost 4500rpm. Torque and horsepower look good after that, but we were never concerned about the top end.

That’s the best explanation I can give in text. It’s all about low-end torque. You have to drive the truck to really understand it, but you can see pretty clearly where the gains are here! This supercharger system is $7200 USD with the optional high-reservoir water tank for better cooling while hauling/towing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:45:36 PM by classic69 »
View my new truck build log here --> Classic69's 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71

View my old truck build log here --> Classic69's 2008 "GFX" Chevy Colorado Z71

View my corvette build log here --> 1972 Corvette Stingray LT1

View my bike build log here --> 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300