Author Topic: Photo CONTEST! WIN $20,$10,$5  (Read 1370 times)

Offline The Grafx Shop

• Board Specific Moderators
  • For becoming a Canada355.ca Vendor or Site Sponsor.
    • Awards
Photo CONTEST! WIN $20,$10,$5
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:27:54 PM »
Photo CONTEST! WIN $20,$10,$5

this is our first try to see about perhaps having a monthly contest . perhaps even giving away free products or bigger amounts.

so we our going to try this out and see how it works.

you could win 1 of the following 3 prizes .

$20 Gift Certificate

$10 Gift Certificate

$5 Gift Certificate

go to  https://www.facebook.com/thegrafxshop/  click on Photo Contest or click the following link  https://www.facebook.com/thegrafxshop/app_568078579881752

its simple. upload a pic of your ride. collect votes. tell your friends to vote. and when the contest closes on Nov 30th . we will see who our top 3 winners are!.

Offline HEYElliott

• Ontario Member(s)
  • Never give up, never surrender
  • Winning Truck of The Month for the Third Time. How-To's & Donations. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Winning Truck of The Month. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2014. or winning an award at SECSM 2014.
    • Awards
Re: Photo CONTEST! WIN $20,$10,$5
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 06:56:19 PM »
cool! i entered

Offline ShortyInCanada

• Not sufferring insanity. Enjoying every minute.
  • Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. For purchasing a Canada355.ca Premium (One Year) membership. Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. How-To's & Donations.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 06:49:18 PM »
I will never win a thing with this or even get a chance to enter.
I do NOT have any social media accounts. I do not make private personal information readily available to the masses.
My online presence is kept to a strictly regulated minimum.

So go ahead and knock yourselves out.

Too many businesses are starting to ASSUME that everybody has these sorts of accounts and are willing to throw all sorts of information about themselves out there for all to use.
You know how many places have contests that REQUIRE you to use a social media site to access and enter ?
Seems to me that this is in strict contradiction to certain federal Canadian laws concerning fairness and access for all people in the country.
Perhaps a young lawyer would take up a class action lawsuit against the practice to make a name for themselves...

>:(
Installed interior overhead console, lined ceiling for temperature control, switchplate in front bolster, sprayed on rock chip guard, custom fab & install trailer electrical connectors, custom fab & mount behind the grill lights, blacked out chrome on front end, change to a blue bow-tie, blue accents in door panels, custom racks for work mounts, removed some of the superfluous plastic pieces from the exterior, the little blue bow-ties on the wheel covers and spray coated the bed/box with rock guard.

Offline The Grafx Shop

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 07:13:57 PM »
sorry to leave anyone out of the "contest" how ever the time and effort and cost to set up a contest on my website just goes be on what im willing to risk for what could be a one time shot.
this is to see how many people take part . that being said. most people online have facebook. and the back end to set this up took about 5 mins. when being a small business owner time is .. well there is not any.

besides easy option to set up with facebook. there is no user register required as people already have the facebook account . and the contest promotes my facebook page. mostly the point of this contest.
that being said. the idea is not to put anyone out or keep anyone away.

that being said if youd like a discount  pm me and chances are i can offer you atleast $5 off or more on your order depending on what you order.

Offline bass_junky

• Canada355.ca Recruit
  • Achieve 1000 posts. For purchasing a Canada355.ca Premium (One Year) membership.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 07:18:26 PM »
I do NOT have any social media accounts. I do not make private personal information readily available to the masses.

Too many businesses are starting to ASSUME that everybody has these sorts of accounts and are willing to throw all sorts of information about themselves out there for all to use.
You know how many places have contests that REQUIRE you to use a social media site to access and enter ?
Seems to me that this is in strict contradiction to certain federal Canadian laws concerning fairness and access for all people in the country.
Perhaps a young lawyer would take up a class action lawsuit against the practice to make a name for themselves...

Shorty it is time to get with the times. Facebook is free and easy.

Offline 800800

• Canada355.ca Veteran
  • I'm a "Special" Edition!
  • Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar 3 times Winning Truck of The Month. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Achieve 2500 posts. Achieve 1000 posts. How-To's & Donations. Has/Had public service job; Police, Firefighters (volunteer), EMT, TSA, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 01:38:43 AM »

Shorty it is time to get with the times. Facebook is free and easy.
True dat. My 91 year old grandma has a FB account.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL

#800800forTOTY
"Steadfast soldiers with the hands of gods, with numbers to succeed- they will persist until all that is left is a perfect sphere.
Never a break in the chain, never folly a conviction; may the ashes of our enemies seal this barren landscape."

Offline Mascott

• I like dirty
  • Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. Winning Truck of The Month. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 01:57:37 AM »
It doesn't work on mobile devices, pc's only.... That kinda sucks. Most people cruise Facebook on the app these days. Makes it hard to round up voters.
2010 5.3L V8 GMC Canyon SLE Z71 Crewcab 4x4 | 1-1/2" Body Lift | 2" TBar Crank | 3/4" Front Diff Spacers | Ball Joint Flip | 2" Rear Shackles | Bilsteins | 285/70R17 Duratracs | Utlra Wheels | Body Mount Trim | K&N | Intake Tube | E-Fan | PTB | Big 3 | Dyno Tuned | Shift Kit | Servos | Beast Sunshell | Wide 2-4 Band | Z-Pack 3-4 Clutch | Trans Cooler | 2200RPM Stall Converter | Synthetic Everything | E-Brake Relocate | Tonneau Cover | Bed Rack | Auto Tailgate Lock | Black Door Handles | Line-X Bedliner | Custom Tube Bumpers | Weathertech Floor Liners | Vent Visors | Blazer Overhead Console | Dual Hi/Lo Mod | LED Dome, Footwells and Glove Box | Tinted Brake Lights..... To Be Continued....

Offline HEYElliott

• Ontario Member(s)
  • Winning Truck of The Month for the Third Time. How-To's & Donations. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar twice. Winning Truck of The Month for the Second Time. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar. Winning Truck of The Month. For participation and being in attendance for SECSM 2014. or winning an award at SECSM 2014.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 11:58:32 AM »
It doesn't work on mobile devices, pc's only.... That kinda sucks. Most people cruise Facebook on the app these days. Makes it hard to round up voters.

it works on my iPhone! I can check it and vote from my phone

Offline The Grafx Shop

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 12:05:43 PM »
yea sorry about the lack of mobile support. that kinda blows me away how it does not support it. how ever again this is a test for the most part. so changes will be made

Offline Mascott

• I like dirty
  • Awarded to a member for helping another individual with no personal gain Awarded for having 100,000+ kilometers on their truck. Winning Truck of The Month. Awarded to a member who has been on the pages of a Canada355.ca calendar.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 01:52:04 PM »
it works on my iPhone! I can check it and vote from my phone

I posted a link on facebook, it didn't work for anybody. I tried several different ways of linking it with no success. When you click it, it actually says App not supported by mobile devices. It works great on pc, but on a phone it only seems to work if you copy and paste it into a browser, or, open their page in a browser and then use the browser to open the link. No go on the FB app. I dunno, maybe for iphone it's different? I didn't ask what phones people were using.

yea sorry about the lack of mobile support. that kinda blows me away how it does not support it. how ever again this is a test for the most part. so changes will be made

I only mentioned it to make sure you were aware of it. The amount of traffic you will get will probably be affected by it and may be a poor indication of how well this could potentially work otherwise. My feelings aren't hurt.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:55:06 PM by Mascott »
2010 5.3L V8 GMC Canyon SLE Z71 Crewcab 4x4 | 1-1/2" Body Lift | 2" TBar Crank | 3/4" Front Diff Spacers | Ball Joint Flip | 2" Rear Shackles | Bilsteins | 285/70R17 Duratracs | Utlra Wheels | Body Mount Trim | K&N | Intake Tube | E-Fan | PTB | Big 3 | Dyno Tuned | Shift Kit | Servos | Beast Sunshell | Wide 2-4 Band | Z-Pack 3-4 Clutch | Trans Cooler | 2200RPM Stall Converter | Synthetic Everything | E-Brake Relocate | Tonneau Cover | Bed Rack | Auto Tailgate Lock | Black Door Handles | Line-X Bedliner | Custom Tube Bumpers | Weathertech Floor Liners | Vent Visors | Blazer Overhead Console | Dual Hi/Lo Mod | LED Dome, Footwells and Glove Box | Tinted Brake Lights..... To Be Continued....

Offline HEYElliott

• Ontario Member(s)
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 04:50:21 PM »
how do the winners redeem the gift cards?